Sunday, October 26, 2008

Eggless Pumpkin Pancakes

Tonight, I just didn't want to make what I planned for dinner. So I decided to experiment a bit.

It turned out better then planned and the older girls had not only seconds but thirds.

I took the basic bisquick recipe and went from there. I am not the best when it comes to measuring so you are forewarned.

2 cups of bisquick
1 cup of milk
around 4 tbs of pumpkin puree
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice(I just kind of shook the container til satisfied but 1 tsp sounds about right.)
1 tbs of sugar
1 tbs of brown sugar

Mix and make as normal. This makes a thick pancake batter due to the puree, but ours turned out nice and moist.

Anna has declared these the best pancakes ever (at least til the next pancake meal), and wants to eat them every night. Not so sure about that, may get a bit tired of pumpkin after awhile. :)

1 comment:

Michael Cummings said...

Having been a participant in this conversation, I think we should count ourselves lucky. As we both know, hot dogs had the previous, and perhaps dubious, honor of being best meal ever. So it is perhaps a good thing that she did not entertain the idea of wrapping her hot dog, with a pumpkin pancake, leaving only one question to be answered:

Syrup or ketchup? Or both???

Or add a stick and you've got a...a...pumpdog? hotkin?